Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Photographing the Davis Family


I was very excited when my friend,~C~, approached me about taking her family pictures; not only do I think she has a beautiful family (her two girls also modeled for my Punk n Posh line!), but I worked out an amazing trade (don't you just love bartering?!) LOL! Okay, so this friend has been taking Photography classes right along with me at the local University--so guess who took my princesses FIRST birthday pics?! (I'll actually be posting a piece on that soon! FUN!) You guessed it~C~! It felt so nice to not be the one behind the camera that day...to be able to focus on my sweet baby girl and still know I would get all the important pictures I will forever cherish of her on that special day. I HIGHLY recommend this to all! Hire a photographer on your children's special day so you can focus on them and not be hidden behind a camera the entire time! It really took a lot of stress off me and allowed me to enjoy her super special day even more!



Okay, so back to the Davis Family shoot...my first FAMILY shoot. A family of 6. Talk about intimidating! Maybe I should have started with a family of 3 first to get my feet wet, he he! ;-) There are many challenges when shooting that many people...especially on the entire family portrait shots. Like getting them all to have their eyes open at the same time, all of them looking at you at the same time, trying to keep little ones who run out of the shot in the shot (wink wink), trying to keep them all natural and several more. But the benefits that come from these challenges fill my heart with a "warm fuzzy" that I have never felt before. To see and know that I captured their beautiful, fun, endearing family in so many memorable ways just fills me with such a joy! What a great gift to be able to give to people! This brings me back to last summer when I had my first realy family portraits taken. I say this because before having Tyson (Legend Photography) shoot us, we had only been captured with a quick flash in a studio at JC Penny or some other quick portrait photographer. It is so different to have an image of your family that speaks to you..literally. Something that really shows your family's true style, personality and love for one another. Something that will become an heirloom. Tyson, you melted our hearts with your work of our family and our little Tori and I hope to be able to give that gift to many others in my life. Pay it forward, pass it on.






I know I still have so much to learn in the Photography world, but I promise to do the best I can with what I have and what I know. I am quite pleased with the results. I hope the Davis family is too. They are so beautiful that it didn't take much to make a beautiful image out of them. But that super cool tough guy car of ~T'~s made it unique and brought their own style to the shoot. Those adorably fun kids brought so much flava I had a hard time keeping up with them (especially my auto focus!)!

What a special thanks I have for them to let me in on their lives in such a personal way and for them trusting me to capture a sliver of moment in time for them!







BTW:  Wanna know what got those vibrant colors? My new Polarizing filter...LOVE it! ;-)






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

BRAVO!!!!!! Kassi u ROCK!!!! I love all the photo's and can't wait to put these on my wall!!!!Thanks u a wonderful Photographer and an even greater friend! Love u sister!

Anonymous said...

These are absolutely AMAZING!!!!! What a talent and gift you have aquired. Love, Love, Love them. Maybe my family can be a project of yours someday. wink, wink. :)

LexxieEarle said...

<3 # 14!!
(fam on the steps!)

WAYY AWESOME!!!!
<3 ya much

Anonymous said...

Kassi,

These photos are amazing, the poses you chose, the compositions,the lighting, the editing, everything is absolutely wonderful. I think your style is very unique and I have learned alot of poses from just looking at these photos, which is great because I'm planning to photograh my friend en her son sometime in the next couple of weeks and you just gave me a ton of ideas. Keep it up!

Oh by the way I added your blog to my page because I think people who read my blog would benefit from reading yours too!

Joan

Jasmandii.wordpress.com

Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones