Monday, November 15, 2010

Tori's First Break

Alright, I have one older child that is familiar with the term "break a leg" because he enjoys acting and may actually pursue a career in it one day.  My 18 month old on the other hand learned the term quite literally about a week ago when her sweet older brother, Gabe was holding her and accidentally fell.  Somehow I don't think she was wanting to pursue an acting career at the time.  

Poor little gal, I had no idea it was broken until the following day since it happened at night and I put her to bed after consoling her.  It was when i put her down in the morning that I quickly realized what had happened.  Poor thing fell straight to the ground, she couldn't put an ounce of pressure on that leg.  Dang, I felt horrible that she suffered all night with that pain and I didn't have a clue.  It's times like these I really wish they would come out of the birth canal talking.  :-( In any case, I took her to a new local children's hospital that I absolutely fell in love with that day.  They diagnosed her with a broken tibia and splinted her.  They don't believe in casting the first week in Louisville, so let's just say it has been a VERY long week (hence the Facebook countdown, so sorry for the confusion, Britt!! LOL)
The kids loved the mini door sized just for them.  Tori loved their version of kid wheelchairs.  Allan ended up picking one up for the house for her as well, hehe!

It's now been a week and they are ready to cast my little diva.  So off we go to the Children's Orthopedic Doctor today and this is what we ended up with.  

The splint comes off...
Waterproof Liner...
On goes the hot pink layer...
Adding the Diva's sparkles
adding the finishing touches!
End result...for my little punk princess!
Her fashionable and function-able (waterproof) cast! :-)

Dang this thing is HEAVY!!  We'll see how well she lugs this thing around. I sure hope she can figure it out, my back can't handle all the lifting anymore! 

The good news:  Doc thinks this will be a quick heal --- 3-5 weeks instead of the initial 6-8 weeks we were told by the ER doc.  :-)

**Fingers crossed** 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Poor baby. Give her extra hugs for me. If its any consolation it's really cute! Have you seen that movie "Life as we know it" Me and Jer just saw it for date night and the baby looks so much like Tori.

Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones